“SSCA prepared me for life after graduation by giving rigorous courses that made the transition to college classes easier. I also felt my senior internship gave me experience in a role that I was unsure about. It helped me make a decision about what to major in!” -SSCA Alumna
The College Guidance Program supports the philosophy and mission of South Shore Christian Academy by advising high school students and families throughout the college application process to better equip students for continued study beyond high school. The program accomplishes this by providing both general and individualized guidance plans, with a goal toward encouraging students to find the college or university that best prepares them to live out a life of faith that serves Christ and others in whatever career they choose.
- The Director of College Guidance begins working one-on-one with students in the fall of Grade 11 to help students discover their post-secondary education preferences, advises students in college selection, and comes alongside students and their families in the college application process.
- Junior and Senior workshops are offered twice a month with information on completing college applications, writing college essays, requesting recommendations, interviewing, financing college, and transitioning from high school to college.
- Facilitates college planning and financial aid workshops and meetings for parents and students in Grades 9-12
- Provides opportunities to visit colleges and to attend the NACAC National College Fair.
- Hosts local, national, and international college representatives throughout the academic year to provide more information on their institutions.
- Provides information on standardized testing preparation and important dates and serves as an SAT testing location in October and March each year.
- Facilitates the PSAT exam for all grade 10 and 11 students every October.
- Coordinates Advanced Placement (AP) courses and exams.
- Works with students and families to create individual course schedules for each academic year and advises students in creating an academic plan that meets their post-secondary education goals.
Berklee College of Music
Bridgewater State University
Catholic University of America
Charleston Southern University
College of the Holly Cross
Concordia University Chicago
Eastern Nazarene College
Emmanuel College Boston
Fitchburg State University
Grove City College
High Point University
Johnson & Wales University
Keene State College
Lake Forest College
Maryville University of St. Louis
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS)
Massasoit Community College
New England College
New England Institute of Technology
North Central College
Ohio State University
Olivet Nazarene University
Penn State University
Plymouth State University
Point Loma Nazarene University
Rensselaer Polytechnic University of Rhode Island
Rhode Island School of Design
Roger Williams University
Saint Anselm College
Salem State University
Southern New Hampshire University
Spa Tech Institute
Trevecca Nazarene College
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
University of Southern Maine
University of Connecticut
University of Edinburgh
University of Hartford
University of Iowa
University of Kentucky
University of Lynchburg
University of Massachusetts Amherst
University of Massachusetts Boston
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
University of Massachusetts Lowell
University of New Hampshire
University of Vermont
Wentworth Institue of Technology
Westfield State University
Wheaton College - Illinois
Wheaton College - Massachusetts
Worcester Polytechnic Institute