Statement of Faith & Policies
“Having a foundation of the Word and love of God from all the staff at SSCA as I grew up has been one of the biggest blessings of my life.” -SSCA Alumna
South Shore Christian Academy is committed to historic Biblical orthodoxy as expressed in the historic church councils and creeds. It welcomes serious Christians from all of the Christian faith traditions. It seeks to be theologically orthodox, evangelical in character, and catholic in spirit. Its Statement of Faith is considered primary doctrine. On other matters, deference is given to parents and their churches.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is only one sovereign God, eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His vicarious atoning death through His shed blood, in His physical resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return to power and glory.
- We believe in the necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit because of the sinfulness of human nature.
- We believe that the salvation of man is by the grace of God and that man is justified through faith in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those saved unto the resurrection of eternal life, and those lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.
The SSCA Student and Parent Handbook describes in detail the roles and relationships of the school, students and parents. It includes information about SSCA's history, the policies and philosophy that guide the school, and rules and standards governing student life at the school.
The Handbook that we currently use is available in digital form as an Adobe PDF file which can be viewed and printed.