What are the safety guidelines students and faculty/staff must follow?
- Maintain three feet of distance from all peers and faculty/staff when feasible
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly
- Stay home if sick
When should face masks/coverings be worn?
- Masks must be worn on school buses, including vans to athletic events. All SSCA athletes are encouraged to keep one or two masks in their athletic bags at all times so that they will be prepared to ride in the vans.
- Students and staff who test positive for Covid must continue to wear a mask for a certain amount of days after testing positive for COVID-19. Please click here for additional information.
- Staff will wear masks when meeting individually with students, parents, or colleagues who prefer to use masks.
- Students or faculty/staff who prefer to continue to wear masks are welcome to do so.
Is Covid testing required before returning to school?
When should I call the Covid nurses?
- If your child has a fever (temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher) (they should stay home if they have a fever)
- If your child is sick and/or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- If your child tests positive for COVID-19
- If your child is considered a close contact to someone in their household who has tested positive for COVID-19, they must get tested. You will then call the nurse to inform her of your child's test results.
Will temperature screenings be done daily at school?