South Shore Christian Academy seeks to address both the heart and the mind of students. We believe in equipping them to actively engage and transform our culture. SSCA utilizes a primarily traditional educational approach to its curriculum and pedagogy that moves students beyond mere facts to genuine understanding.
South Shore Christian Academy seeks to fulfill its mission and philosophy through the implementation of the following goals:
- Help students develop the ability to think critically, to make decisions and to take responsibility for those decisions.
- Encourage students to work cooperatively while learning to respect and value themselves and others.
- Demonstrate respect for authority.
- Maintain high expectations for each student's performance and behavior.
- Provide a safe, secure, enjoyable and comfortable learning environment.
- Develop a life-long habit of reading.
- Encourage students to become involved in school organizations and activities.
- Emphasize the need for courtesy and good manners.
- Encourage children's participation in and appreciation for the arts.
- Establish SSCA traditions.
- Encourage students to become independent, life-long learners.
- Provide an interactive environment in which students are challenged to explore their ideas and interests.
1. Honesty - Relationships and academic performances based on honesty and fairness.
2. Respect - Individuals will be treated with respect as those created in God's image.
3. Attitude - Maintain a Christ-like attitude toward others based on the Golden Rule.
South Shore Christian Academy seeks to fulfill its mission and philosophy through the following commitments:
1. To teach students how to study
2. To provide a curriculum that maximizes the student's potential
3. To hire motivated, demanding, and caring, Christian teachers
4. To teach from a Christian worldview in every area of inquiry
5. To provide a discerning perspective on culture
6. To provide a curriculum in Christ-likeness
7. To create a school culture where traditional manners are expected
8. To offer a competitive athletic and excellent fine arts program
9. To offer a curriculum necessary for selective college admissions
10. Offers students an understanding of a kingdom calling with a global perspective.