Our Mission & Purpose
To download an SSCA School Profile, click here.
"South Shore Christian Academy exists to glorify Jesus Christ by revealing truth, imparting knowledge, stimulating spiritual growth, and developing Christian character in young men and women through a college preparatory curriculum taught by Christian teachers."
South Shore Christian Academy (SSCA) is an independent, non-denominational co-ed day school educating students students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12 for college and life by integrating Christian faith, values and rigorous academics to create a foundation for success.
Founded in 1994, SSCA aims to provide a liberal arts education with a distinctly Christian worldview. Our students are taught to maintain a high level of intellectual and spiritual integrity, equipping them to actively engage and apply God's truth in the world around them.
SSCA is a diverse community serving over 211 students from different racial, economic, and Christian backgrounds. Currently our students represent more than 20 denominations from over 28 towns in the greater Boston area.
SSCA seeks to teach the knowledge, skills, values, and behaviors necessary to be successful students, and challenges its students to become responsible and productive adults in a culturally diverse society. We expect students to strive for academic excellence, to develop their capacity as godly, thinking individuals, and to formulate sets of values by which to make ethical decisions and to facilitate interpersonal relationships.
South Shore Christian Academy is a caring, academically challenging Christ-centered learning community, a school that:
• Stimulates high academic achievement and a passion for learning
• Educates each student from a Christian world and life perspective
• Promotes high standards of character development and personal integrity
• Encourages the spiritual formation of our students by way of a personal, maturing relationship with Jesus as Lord and Savior
• Maximizes the academic potential of each student
• Inspires our students to love learning, to gain confidence in their own abilities, to master the essential academic material, to take risks, to see and to apply God's truth in all of life
• Strives for excellence in the classroom and on the playing fields
• Graduates students who are grounded in the scriptures and who have learned to apply their faith with integrity to their lives in and out of the classroom